I’ve been a Blake Lively fan since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came out back when I was in High School. Since then (and post Gossip Girl) she’s taken on an entire persona as a curated lifestyle guru, and I still can’t get enough! She recently starred on Elettra’s Goodness (Vogue magazine’s new cooking series) and whipped up an incredible Puff Pastry. The Puff Pastry features a baked brie and shallot confit core, with a fig and raspberry compote and bourbon maple syrup glaze. Sounds to die for right? Check out the instructions below!
What you’ll Need:
8 ripe figs
1 pint raspberries
1/2 cup water
6 sausages, casings removed
Puff pastry sheets
1 wheel of brie
1/4 cup Maple syrup (bourbon flavored)
2 T balsamic vinegar (fruit flavored)
Vanilla salt and sugar, to taste
1 T butter
2 T olive oil
Egg wash (beaten egg, splash of cream)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C
2. Julienne shallots. Dice figs and sausages. Rinse raspberries.
3. Add figs, raspberries, water, balsamic, and vanilla salt to saucepan. Boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat; simmer to reduce. Add salt and sugar to taste. Remove from heat.
4. Heat butter and oil in skillet. Sauté shallots and sausages until cooked.
5. Lay puff pastry on parchment paper.
6. Cut brie in half. Add fillings. Top with other half. Place it in the center of the puff pastry.
7. Gather puff pastry from corners; clinch, twist, press to seal and brush with egg wash. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Drizzle with warm syrup. Serve with apple slices.
Watch Blake and Elettra in action in this YouTube Video!
(Source video: Vogue Elettra’s Goodness)