One of my absolute favorite flavor profiles is what you get from artichokes. There are so many ways to use them, including this fun list from Bon Appétit! Check out 10 Things to do with Jarred, Marinated Artichokes:
1. Use them as a pizza topping. Pat the artichokes dry and sprinkle them onto the pizza after the cheese, then bake the pie as you normally would. The artichoke’s flavor plays well with mozzarella, thinly sliced red onion, and fresh rosemary.
2. Make a creamy spinach-artichoke dip. Defrost frozen spinach and wring it out to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach with artichokes, enough mayonnaise to moisten generously, grated Parmesan cheese, and lots of black pepper. Put the mixture into a ramekin, top with more grated Parmesan, and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 15–20 minutes. Serve with pita chips, crusty bread, or the chip of your choice.
3. Make crostini: toast bread, spread ricotta, top with artichokes, season with lemon zest and flaky salt.
4. Sauté in brown butter with capers and pour the mixture over pan-seared or baked fish. Since the sauce’s flavors are pretty strong, go with a mild, flaky white fish.
5. Roast alongside large-diced potatoes. Basically just toss them both with olive oil and roast for 30–35 minutes at 425 degrees.
6. Toss into risotto. When the rice is done cooking, stir them in thoroughly, let warm, and eat.
7. Make a warm vinaigrette: sauté chopped artichokes and shallots in olive oil, finish with lemon juice. Toss, still warm, with a sturdy green like kale or mustard greens, and serve immediately.
8. Fold into an omelet with some feta cheese.
9. Make a quick gratin by putting them into a baking dish, sprinkling with Gruyère and breadcrumbs, and baking at 400 until the cheese is melted and the artichokes are warmed through.
10. Make an antipasto platter for dinner party guests: artichokes, salumi, cheese, olives. In other words, take the artichokes out of the jar and put them on a plate with all of that other stuff.
11. Scratch that: just eat them straight out of the jar.
I’m sure I could think of 10 more ways to use them, that’s how fantastic they are! Next time you are in need of some artichoke inspiration make sure you head over to the Bon Appétit test kitchen. They won’t let you down!
(Image via Bon Appétit)